[outages] AT&T Hawaii can't call Lihue rate center numbers hosted by Verizon.

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Jun 16 14:18:44 EDT 2019

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Aryn Nakaoka 808.356.2901 via Outages" <outages at outages.org>

> How would you guys go about fixing this issue?
>
> @ATT phones can't call Kauai numbers hosted by Verizon. Verizon is saying the
> calls are not leaving AT&T *Watching the SS7 traffic. AT&T phones on the
> mainland can call, so ist just Hawaii based AT&T that can't call Safeway Kapaa
> (808) 246-0290 for example
>
> What we have going:
>
> 1. Verizon keeps telling us they can't fix the issue since it's not leaving
> AT&T's network. I agree but would hope they had a form of communication on the
> backend. We as the Verizon customer are getting damaged, not AT&T.
>
> 2. AT&T customers are making tickets - but its individuals, so AT&T tech support
> isn't really caring.
>
> 3. Port to another carrier who does work, but that will take weeks.

You're an SS7-connected (presumably PRI) end-user?

Sounds like you have enough data available that you might go to NANOG, which
while mostly data, does have some voice types on it, and is much larger than
we are, but also much more likely to want you to have done your homework...

which it sounds like you have.

This sounds like a blown translation table in an AT&T switch on the island;
it's probably gonna have to get fixed there.

There's also a list called voiceops floating around somewhere (still, I think);
that may also have relevant people on it.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
-- jra