[outages] IBM Cloud / NetworkLayer Outage

James Brown jbrown at easypost.com
Tue Jun 9 20:27:20 EDT 2020

Just wanted to share updates:

I got through to someone at IBM who confirmed the level of chaos over
there. It looks like they've started deploying some mitigations because I'm
seeing packet loss drop off but latency is now awful for all US locations.
It looks like IBM has failed over all of their peering to go through their
European facilities because every return packet from every POP is coming
from lon03.networklayer.com or ams02.networklayer.com (via Telia).

--
James Brown
Engineer