[outages] AT&T high latency coast to coast

Daniel Marks daniel.marks at maymobility.com
Fri May 27 23:41:41 EDT 2022

Par for the course for AT&T, our circuits in Detroit went from 6ms to
Chicago to 20-30ms, tickets submitted and only acknowledgement without
resolution for over a year now. As long as it’s within your SLA, they don’t
care.

Our DOCSIS Comcast and Charter circuits have better latency than any of our
AT&T Fiber or DIA circuits.

On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 18:22 Trendal Toews via Outages <outages at outages.org>
wrote:

> We've got 3 circuits in Northern California that went from <10ms to >30ms
> to our BGP peer on April 26 or 27.  Created tickets on all circuits when I
> discovered it.
>
> Got a call from AT&T tech support today saying it's a wide spread
> problem.  From here to Reno NV affected.  He had me traceroute to the east
> coast over AT&T and it was >90ms, should be 70-80 max
>
> Gamers and VPN's on our network aren't happy.  Claimed a fix was on the
> way but no ETA.  It's been a month now

Sent from my iPhone