[rbak-nsp] today's BGP issue...

Voigt, Thomas Thomas.Voigt at netkom.de
Fri Dec 2 08:00:45 EST 2011

Hi Olivier and Marcin,

Olivier Benghozi wrote:

> What about asking an upstream provider to accept incoming ORF?
> While it doesn't prevent the session to flap, it allows you
> to put a filter on your side (once you decode your show bgp
> malformed update result) that would be automatically applied
> by your provider towards you.

This could be a workaround. I'll ask our upstream providers if they can do this.

But it's nothing more than a workaround:
We have to wait until someone sends this malformed updates again and have than to react on it.

@Marcin:
1. Downgrade is not an option here. We need some of the features in the 6.4 train
2. We don't use communities here. What effect does it have if our upstreams are clearing that?
3. We are multi homed and have BGP-Peerings with customers of us. So I think it's also no option to get only the default route from the upstream. As a workaround this could also work.

--
Kind regards

Thomas Voigt