[rbak-nsp] Ericsson Redback

David Freedman david.freedman at uk.clara.net
Mon May 16 06:22:20 EDT 2011

The redback can use radius servers reachable from within the context or
via another named context on the box (usually the local context), we call
the second method "Global" AAA , you can choose which mechanism you use
through use of the "aaa authentication" directive in the context, I.e:

!
! Use RADIUS server reachable from HSI
!
context HSI
 aaa authentication subscriber radius
 radius server 1.2.3.4 key mykey

!

OR

!
! Use RADIUS server reachable from Local Context
!
context local
 radius server 1.2.3.4 key mykey

!
context HSI
 aaa authentication subscriber global
!
aaa global authentication subscriber radius context local
!

Is there any particular reason you need to put your prepaid users in
another context? There are sufficient mechanisms on this box to create a
prepaid environment for users when they share a context with others (I.e
radius driven ACLs, walled-gardens etc..), unless you have unique routing
requirements or a completely different radius platform I would stay from
using another context.

Dave.