[rbak-nsp] BGF functionality on SmartEdge

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Wed Aug 6 06:53:15 EDT 2014

hello,

does anyone uses BGF functionality on SmartEdge ?

Documentation sais, that it is designed to cooperate with external
border gateway controller.
In IMS this might be quite usefull to apply dynamic rules.

But, I'am wondering if it is able to handle SIP/RTP traffic, with some
static configuration ?

Let's say - I have 5 different Voice Service providers.
So, I want to be seen as 5 different IP addresses outside (separate one
for every providers), but
internally I'll have more voice softswitches, however this structure
will be hiddend.

Now, is it possible to configure some static rules for SIP on SmartEdge ?
Is there any way to generate CDRs from SmartEdge ?

Marcin