[rbak-nsp] Recommended v12 release

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Tue Jul 29 17:43:39 EDT 2014

On 2014-07-29 21:20, Jim Tyrrell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have had a number of 10ge-4-port card crashes on SE600 running SEOS
> v11 and have been advised by Ercisson to upgrade to 12.1.1.6, however,
> I have seen a number emails regarding 10GE card crashes on 12.1.1.6
> which is quite worrying.  Does anyone have experience of stable v12
> code with 10GE cards, especially in an L2TP/LNS/LAC environment?
>
> Any feedback regarding version 12 experiences appreciated!

4x10G card is PPA3 based
1x10G card is PPA2 based

In 12.1.1.7p1 ericsson has resolved important crash problem for PPA3
based cards, while PPA2 cards problems still exists.

So, if you have only PPA3 based cards - use 12.1.1.7p1
Also several other issues have been fixed.

If you have a very heavy load in meaing of fetures and functions on a
single node, probabilty of crash increases.. on a SE600 that acts as a
BGP only - 12.1.1.5p2 and no crashes on record..

btw, as additional workaround for any possible future crashes - use 2x
4x10G cards and create link-groups access mode (cross cards). In a case
of a crash (single card crash) the other card in link-group continues
operation with a little hiccup for switchover. No multiple simultanous
crashes occur.

Regards,
Marcin

> Thanks!
>
> Jim.

Marcin Kuczera / Specjalista d/s telekomunikacji, Wiceprezes Zarza;du
+48 32 440 80 71/ marcin.kuczera at leon.pl <mailto:marcin.kuczera at leon.pl>

Leon Sp. z o.o.
ul. Kilin'skiego 33d, 44-200 Rybnik
http://www.leon.pl/

INTERNET | TELEWIZJA | TELEFON

Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/LeonInternet?ref=hl>

KRS 0000223101 Sa;d Rejonowy w Gliwicach
Kapita? zak?adowy 200.000 z?
NIP: 6332068698