[rbak-nsp] Bad CF ?

Blake Willis blake at ibrowse.com
Mon Jun 1 12:45:31 EDT 2015

On 1 Jun 2015, at 6:00 PM, redback-nsp-request at puck.nether.net wrote:

> From: Rafal <golem at mtm-info.pl>
> Date: 1 June 2015 10:28:06 AM GMT+02:00
> To: redback-nsp <redback-nsp at puck.nether.net>
> Subject: [rbak-nsp] Bad CF ?
>
> I have noticed spam of these errors in log:
> This is Compact Flash failure ?

Hi Rafal,

Probably.  We just replaced one in an SE100 on friday (after it crashed because of this).  In general, I believe we've now replaced the factory "netbsd" CF cards in all our SE100s (with "industrial" CF cards that have SLC flash in them :-).

If you've got another working Redback, best thing is to clone the OS onto a fresh industrial CF card so that you don't have to try to do it on a live system.

Hope that helps.  Best of luck.

 -Blake

---
 Blake Willis