[rbak-nsp] link group on 4x10G card (SE600/1200) for dot1q purpose

Olivier Benghozi olivier.benghozi at wifirst.fr
Fri Oct 20 10:46:09 EDT 2017

Hi Marcin,

It will work with several ports of the same card and on other cards.

About load balancing:
service load-balance ip layer-4
service load-balance link-group bridging layer-4

is the way to go.
It will probably try to keep the traffic on ports of the same card if possible, I guess (not a pure hash function).

About BFD on LAG:
1) possible, but it will really use only one link by default with standard classic BFD (won't protect the LAG components individually, but only the virtual link) ; that is, one single standard BFD session is used.
2) it can protect the LAG components by using " link-group multiple-session" in the bfd interface config, but it's proprietary to SE (not standard, not compatible with Micro BFD sessions of RFC 7130)

In link-group dot1q mode, each vlan is configured with pvc dot1q command under the link-group, there are no "one separate link-group per vlan" (even if "show link-group" isn't very clear).
Technically there's one circuit inside the SE per physical link per vlan (in show circuit).