[rbak-nsp] SE600 - 10ge-4-port - PHY initialization failure, Circuit pack failure

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Thu Aug 6 07:05:44 EDT 2020

On 2020-08-04 16:00, Alexandr wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I was given a card 10ge-4-port, but unfortunately I don’t know if it
> was operable before.

to run deeper diagnostics there is a command:
diag on-demand card 1 level 3

but before you need to shutdown the card and put it into
on-demand-diaganostics state.
like that:

config
card 10ge-4-port 1
shutdown
commit
on-demand-diagnostic
commit

after diagnostics is finished (let's say 10-15 minutes) you will get
diagnostics info by:
show diag on-demand card 5 detail

But there is also power on diagnostics, simplified but for now good to
check there:
show diag pod card 1 detail

Regards,
Marcin

> I installed it in my SE600 (SEOS-12.1.1.11p6-Release) and had this error:
>
> Card State          : Card initialization: PHY initialization failure
> Active Alarms       : Circuit pack failure
>
> I’ve tried to make diagnostics, but I think it couldn’t be completed:
>
> Slot Type                                                 POD Status
> (Enabled)
> ---- --------------------------------
>  ----------------------
> N/A  backplane
> N/A  fan tray
> N/A  alarm card
> 1    10ge-4-port
> 8    xcrp4-base                                                   PASS
>

> [local]Redback#show diag on-demand card 1
> No diagnostic log for slot 1
>

> I had a chance to take another card to test, and it worked with no
> problem.
>
> Could you please tell me how I could repair the card that doesn’t work?
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander

Marcin Kuczera / Wiceprezes Zarządu / CTO
+48 32 440 80 71/ marcin.kuczera at leon.pl <mailto:marcin.kuczera at leon.pl>

Leon Sp. z o.o.
ul. Kilińskiego 33d, 44-200 Rybnik
http://www.leon.pl/