[VoiceOps] SIP-I

Russell McConnachie russell at rustlesolutions.ca
Fri Aug 28 12:57:33 EDT 2009

Hello,
I'm working on a project which requires me to deliver SIP-I signaling to my
carrier when originating outbound calls. Right now I have a OpenSER Proxy
which is setup as a registrar/location server, and forks calls off-net to my
carrier.

Initially they asked me to provide them with a JIP (*Jurisdiction* Information
Parameter) which I applied to the From header. Now they are asking that I
send them all of the ISUP signaling encoded as a MIME attachment in the SIP
dialogs. Being that I haven't worked with SIP-I before, I'm not exactly sure
where to start, I was looking at the Cisco PGW 2200 which is capable of
doing the SIP<->ISUP transaction mapping, do I have any other alternatives?

Thanks