[VoiceOps] Looking for opinions of BroadWorks.

Nicholas Sten nicksten at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 12:04:46 EST 2010

Matthew,

If you're going to be doing significant wholesale minutes, especially if
some of your customers have no ability to filter / pre-qualify their
traffic, you're going to need some robust SBC deployments with some serious
hardware behind it.  For the amount of traffic we do, and the customization
that we require, Acme has really been the only viable solution for us.  We
have an extensive farm of them online.

We, too, have a Broadsoft Broadworks platform.  In hindsight, it might have
been a ten pound sledge for a ten penny nail on our network.  For the high
price, it really would have made more sense for us if there were far more
customers on our network with IP phones that wanted fully hosted VoIP.  Most
SMB/SME with ip-capable PBXes or VoIP IADs feeding legacy PBXes are just as
easily (and far more cost efficiently) peered directly with one of the SBC
deployments. No complaints about the functionality or stability of the
BS-BW, however.

-Nick