[VoiceOps] BW CCXML and VoiceXML

Aled Treharne voiceops at treharne.me.uk
Fri May 28 11:40:41 EDT 2010

On 28 May 2010 16:11, Mark Lindsey <lindsey at e-c-group.com> wrote:
> According to a 2007 press release, BroadSoft is using the OptimSys
> "OptimTalk" Media Control Resource Protocol (MCRP) stack for VoiceXML and
> CCXML.
>
> A 2008 public magazine article tells us that the Lumenvox Automatic Speech
> Recognition (ASR) has been tested with BroadSoft. LumenVox uses Voice XML.
>
> I also know that this integration is being maintained by BroadWorks (very
> currently), so SOMEBODY cares about using it. I expect that the VoiceXML /
> CCXML support will be very strong in BroadWorks going forward, and that they
> may use it to build some of their own features in the future. (Nobody at
> BroadSoft has actually told me this, though.)

In my opinion, I would expect to see Broadsoft using it in the coming
releases to bring some features that historically were provided by
third-party products branded as Broadsoft, back into the company. I
would expect them to be perhaps even removing some functionality from
these kinds of components before releasing their own all-singing,
all-dancing version.

There are of course my opinions and not those of Broadsoft. :)

Ta,
Aled.