[VoiceOps] 911 call notification in Broadworks.

Mark R Lindsey lindsey at e-c-group.com
Fri Aug 12 16:50:41 EDT 2011

BroadWorks generates a trap called "bwEmergencyCallOriginated" with the text
	Caller %npUserId% has originated an emergency call.
each time an emergency call is originated on the Application Server.

You should be able to setup the BroadWorks AS to send this SNMP trap to an snmptrapd. snmptrapd can then execute a script to do the right thing -- like generate your outbound call with notification.

[BroadWorks AS]---SNMP trap--->[snmptrapd]--->{Outbound Call}

David Hiers mentioned VXML/CCXML scripting; I'll second that area of exploration for the outbound call. The BroadWorks media server would make this pretty straightforward.

[BroadWorks AS]---SNMP trap--->[snmptrapd]---->[Fire up script on BroadWorks Media Server]

If you want to skip the VXML/CCXML route, you could try twilio.com to place the outbound call, then synthesize the voice saying "User 1234 has called emergency service".

[BroadWorks AS]---SNMP trap--->[snmptrapd]---->[Execute script on twilio.com via wget]

mark at ecg.co  |  +1-229-316-0013  |  http://ecg.co/lindsey