[VoiceOps] CNAM issues with Cox Communications

Scott Berkman scott at sberkman.net
Wed Dec 14 22:05:32 EST 2011

If you have access to the LERG you should try the translations contact for
Cox in there.  You can also try to find a Cox customer to open the ticket
for you, many carriers respond better to customers unless you don't find the
right contact.

I have also seen this with other carriers, and its sometimes a bit of a pain
to resolve.

Since there isn't one central CNAM database, (and for performance and other
various reason) large carriers will usually have a local CNAM database that
they feed from a variety of sources.  They also generally allow some means
for override or asking for a local value to be stored "permanently"
overriding any other entries pulled in from other databases.  When you run
into this issue, it's usually one of these overrides that needs to get
replaced or just removed.

Good luck!

-Scott