[VoiceOps] TA900 DNS problems

Richey mylists at battleop.com
Sat Sep 17 21:20:30 EDT 2011

We changed the IPs on our sip servers last night.   A few days before we
changed them we made the following change in our TA900s:

voice trunk T01 type sip

  sip-server primary 216.x.x.x

  registrar primary 216.x.x.x

voice trunk T01 type sip

  sip-server primary sip3.atlga.domain.com

  registrar primary sip3.atlga.domain.com

Then we changed the A record from the old IP to the new IP.   We run a
pretty low TTL on that domain and flushed the DNS servers that the TA900s
look to.   After several hours about 60% of the TA900s required a reboot to
resolve the hostname to the new IP and the other 40% won't do it no matter
how many times your reboot.  The only fix is to change everything back to IP
based using the new IPs. The oldest firmware we are running is
T900G2A-A4-02-00-E.biz upto the most recent.

Has anyone else run into this kind of trouble with the TA900s?

Richey