[VoiceOps] Interstate vs. intrastate rates

Colin Brown zavoid at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 08:49:38 EDT 2012

I believe that it's not so simple as TDM v IP as well. For example a cable operator using VoIP for local lines would not use the indeterminate rates because they have a valid ANI and is originating from a local carrier(ilec/clec whatever).  The real problem comes in with pure VoIP originated services, however its trivial to mask the origin and assign a local USA number to calls.  The grey area in my mind comes in when you've assigned a US # for those calls when they are clearly physically originating internationally but have a US identification inside the headers.

Oh and Alex, I have seen a few us terminators offer that indeterminate rate deck. I think it's more of a CYA column combined with a bit of FUD to the originator so that the terminator can make a few hundredth's of a penny more per minute.

Colin