[VoiceOps] Rephrased Question: 100+ seat MIGRATIONS to VoIP

Darren Schreiber d at d-man.org
Wed Feb 1 12:37:32 EST 2012

Hi all,
Well, wonderful responses, thanks. I love this list.

Unfortunately it appears I've not asked the right question for what I really wanted to know. If ya'all are willing to entertain me on this, I'd love some assistance.

We are working with a firm who is trying to move many high-volume (think lawyers offices, doctors offices, etc.) 100+ seat offices from KEY systems (BLFs, Line keys, All-set paging, Intercom, one-touch transfer, the works) to VoIP. We are trying to advise them on how to sell into their market the most effectively, but we are running into issues where the clients expect the new system to act like the old system. This ranges from quality to feature set. I'm trying to figure out how others have handled this.

Specifically, how did you monitor and ensure quality on untested / new VoIP circuits that hadn't been used for VoIP previously?
What features did you just say "no, sorry, can't do via VoIP in exactly the same way"? Any?
What phones did you sell them that they liked/disliked?
Etc.

Most of the replies I got to my other email were related to "we moved someone from Cisco UC to VoIP with no issue" which made me realize I'm asking the question incorrectly.

Thanks again,
Darren