[VoiceOps] Customer Premise Firewall/Router Recommendations

Justin B Newman justin at ejtown.org
Fri Mar 2 10:44:11 EST 2012

I am in the position of needing to recommend a line of SMB (10-50
person offices) router/firewall devices that will play nice with VoIP.
Specifically, office has phones (generally Cisco SPA's) connecting to
remove service provider Asterisk servers. Historically, I've stayed
out of the hardware on the customer side, but the growing presence of
"stuff that breaks SIP" is leading me to pick a vendor. I generally am
in the "don't touch my signalling" camp (read: no ALG). Is there a
single vendor that is consistently good about not mucking with things
too much?

-jbn