[VoiceOps] Voicemail options

Matt Yaklin myaklin at g4.net
Thu May 24 01:08:48 EDT 2012

What is the main reason for wanting to merge them?
More efficient provisioning?
One less system to manage?

I am in the same boat you are. Asterisk voicemail for
residential customers as well as generic boxes for one
off situations. BS vm for my hosted pbx customers that have
more bells and whistles.

Yet never did I ever consider wanting to merge them as
the amount of work to figure that out would not be worth
it to me.

Granted I have thought about residential customers getting
a voicemail account on BS as our T7000 plus adsl2+ dslams
can work with BS to give extra features to a voice line
(I forget the exact name Taqua/BS calls this) but there
seems to be very little demand above what we already offer
in our packages.

So perhaps if we knew the reason for wanting to attempt this
strategy below we might be able to offer better ideas. I am
curious why you would want to this myself.

matt