[VoiceOps] Voicemail options

Alexander Roanauskas aroman at tessaport.com
Thu May 24 18:23:42 EDT 2012

The BroadWorks voice mail will be less than accommodating with the
playback of any message not sent with the proper headers.  There is a
header specific to the message ID that lets BroadWorks acknowledge
that the particular message is a voice mail message.  This is a
security mechanism since it's a just an email server after all and
could be tricked into playing back any message.

    Worked with BroadWorks to allow the addition of bulk announcements
and it was not a fun project.  In the end it did work but I would not
attempt combining both an asterisk and broadworks voice mail server
onto a broadworks
server.  I think that's just asking for too much mess and why burn the
broadworks licenses.

     You say you want to combine the two voicemail servers and one is
on the Asterisk PBX, not eactly sure from the post but are the uses on
the Asterisk Platform or something else?  If they are on the asterisk
platform and you're not getting rid of the Asterisk PBX why not just
have the Asterisk PBX just use the same email server as BroadWorks.
As long as users are mapped to separate email boxes it will not have
any effect.

--
Alex Romanauskas