[VoiceOps] Optimizing VoIP orig routing to exploit Verizon VoIP TDM interconnections

Jared Geiger jared at compuwizz.net
Wed Dec 11 14:19:49 EST 2013

The Verizon originated calls from the PSTN to our network tend to already
be optimized. For example, our Orlando numbers tend to get media from
Orlando, our DC area ones come from Cleveland, our San Francisco ones come
from San Francisco.

We don't interconnect in these cities. So the Verizon proxies manage the
inbound quite well. If you're doing outbound local, the same occurs no
matter where you send the call.

Inter and Intra state isn't the same, its random as to where the media
comes from.

These observations obviously only apply if you don't proxy media.

~Jared