[VoiceOps] 911 address policy for company phones at home

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Sun Jan 20 18:08:04 EST 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 5:59 PM, Mary Lou Carey
<marylou at backuptelecom.com>wrote:

> If you currently provide the roaming 911 service and the customer is
> balking about paying for it, I think I would just tell them that you are
> legally required to provide 911 service to your customers and you're not
> willing to accept waivers for 911 when end users move their phones
>

>From a customer relation perspective we've informed them that waivers are
not allowed, and that if we know they plan to have remote phones we can't
let them do it without the 911 service for each phone.  They disagree with
our interpretation of the FCC requirement applying to remote phones, but so
be it.

As a company we are drafting a policy saying that we will tell customers
they are required to notify us if they move a phone, and get the 911
service.  If we casually notice that a phone has been moved, we will notify
the customer that they need to have the 911 service.  We do not actively
monitor location/movement of a phone.

Anyone who can't afford $1 per address to have this service isn't a good
customer.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve