[VoiceOps] 711 relay

Eric Fort eric.fort at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 17:57:48 EDT 2013

711 poses an interesting proposition for VoIP as relay services go both
ways.  It's not always a voice caller dialing 711 but TDD calls as well.
Generally inbound calls get sorted by some sort of auto attendant where
calls that detect some form of modem tone (TDD) signaling go to one
operator and other calls are voice.  While the TDD traffic is relatively
low bit rate fsk it's still modem traffic conveying digital rather than
analogue data.  How is the TDD case being handled?

Eric Fort
FortConsulting