[VoiceOps] Multi Tenant Commercial Softswitch Besides Broadsoft

georg georg at riseup.net
Thu Aug 7 05:22:52 EDT 2014

Hi,

On 08/07/2014 10:01 AM, MiRTA PBX team wrote:
> I read good review too on Freeswitch, but if I master asterisk, is there
> any reason I have to start learning a new product? Usually I move from
> product A to product B when I need the feature X and it is not available in
> product A while it is in product B. If you had the time to test both of
> them, which feature do you find useful on Freeswitch and not available on
> asterisk?

Three years ago I made this switch, Asterisk to FreeSwitch, because of
this: missing features. At least I've never found out, how to do it with
Asterisk.

I wanted to route outgoing calls automatically to mobile phones via call
by call to save money. In the end I've used regular expressions [1] and
it worked (and still does) like a charm.

Can't talk about the current situation, because since then, never
"looked back".

Cheers,
Georg

[1] https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Regular_Expression