[VoiceOps] Play Message or Media File with Broadsoft

Brad Anouar brad.anouar at masergy.com
Mon Dec 15 15:54:27 EST 2014

Broadsoft introduced a new type of AA license (AA Standard) in R20 that
allows for multiple layer auto attendants. It is not the perfect solution
for your scenario, but it is slightly better than having to use multiple AA
basic licenses.

Good luck,

Brad

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 10:53 AM, Colton Conor <colton.conor at gmail.com>
wrote:

> We have a client that wants an auto attendant. They want their option 1 to
> be play an message to the customer (like store hours). How would you play a
> media file in Broadsoft. The only way I can see possible is to burn a voice
> mailbox license and make a *55 to the voicemail box with the recording as
> the message, or use another auto attendant tree for the announcement. Both
> options are expensive. Does broadsoft have a play a media file option I
> don't know about? Something where you could assign a wave file to an
> extension?

*Brad AnouarDirector of Systems Engineering*
*Email **brad.anouar at masergy.com <brad.anouar at masergy.com>*
*Office *+1 310 360 2028

*www.m <http://www.masergy.com/>**asergy.com <http://www.masergy.com/>*