[VoiceOps] Broadsoft SCA

Rob Dawson rdawson at force3.com
Thu Apr 23 11:30:24 EDT 2015

Issue one sounds like the primary phone may not be configured as shared line on the device. Couple of questions/comments –

Has the primary device been rebooted since configuring the SCA?
Are both devices the same type?
Are you using the BS supplied configuration templates?

There is a per-registration configuration element called ‘reg.x.type’ that is set by a variable (something like ‘%BWSHAREDLINE-1%’, I don’t have a BW system to look at right now) in the config  file to a value of either ‘private’ or ‘shared’. This is what determines the behavior of that line/registration on the phone. If the device is either not configured properly or has not been rebooted since the change was made then it will not process the line-seize subscription and you don’t see the line light notifications.

Assuming both endpoints are the same then I would start with a  simple reboot. After that I would verify the phone specific configuration file to make sure the variable was set correctly, and verify that they phone is downloading and processing the configuration file properly.

If the endpoints are different then check the config file template for the non-functioning device type to make sure the ‘type’ element and variable are present.

Issue two – There is a BW variable for the BLF URI (%BWBLFURI% or something? Again, I don’t have access to a BW system) t hat should be populated with the BLF URI for the first configured user on a device. I am honestly not positive if it is populated on an SCA only phone though – you can look at the device specific config to see, but would probably want to check the documentation to be certain.

Rob