[VoiceOps] What is your favorite line of IP Phones and Why?

mgraves at mstvp.com mgraves at mstvp.com
Thu Mar 26 12:37:49 EDT 2015

--------- Original Message --------- Subject: Re: [VoiceOps] What is your favorite line of IP Phones and Why?
From: "Colton Conor" <colton.conor at gmail.com>
Date: 3/26/15 11:25 am
To: nick at flhsi.com
Cc: "voiceops at voiceops.org" <voiceops at voiceops.org>

 Nick,
Thanks this is exactly what I am looking for. Yealink seems to be the up and comer. How is their support? Their documentation and release notes look like a joke, so I am a little concerned. There doesn't seem to be much version tracking on bug fix numbering like Polycom is known for.

Is there a reason to use the old Polycom IP line since the VVX series has replaced it?

  Quite the opposite. Software development of the older SoundPoint models has ceased. The VVX series are still undergoing active development, so they will be more supportable over time.

The Grandstream GXP2140 looks like one hell of a deal for under $100 including 24BLF keys, but it looks like it looks like it has a paper insert for the BLFs. In todays world with ever changing add moves drops do you really think paper labels are even a viable option? Seems like a nightmare to me.