[VoiceOps] WiFi SIP phones recommendations

Pete Mundy pete at fiberphone.co.nz
Tue Sep 22 19:19:28 EDT 2015

I think that part of the problem is that underlying wired backbone layer II network also needs to catch up on the port-change (possibly even switch-change) when the client is (invisibly) handed over to the new radio.

Think along the lines o 30-second MAC table timeout before broadcast occurs unless there is constant 2-way data through the tables on the necessary devices to immediately see the change (dependent on logical backbone layout).

The same problem exists with clients on non-.ah networks too.

IMHO DECT (even with repeaters) beats WiFi hands-down for voice.

Pete