[VoiceOps] Instant Porting

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 08:14:51 EST 2016

So what is the best case senario under todays rules for wireline carriers?
Lets assume we are talking about a CLEC with their own switch and number
pool porting away from the incumbend ILEC (Verizon or AT&T wireline).
Assume the CLEC has access to NPAC.

How does this process even work? Today we just have our customer sign an
loa, and then upload the LOA to our wholesaler. They take it from there,
but I would like to know the process and what is involved. Does each
carrier have their own system to verifying that the number and account
number belongs to the said provider?