[VoiceOps] Instant Porting

Nick Olsen nick at flhsi.com
Wed Feb 10 09:57:10 EST 2016

Exactly this.

 I actually ported my personal cell number to Verizon from ATT yesterday.

 Gave the rep my ATT account number, He 30 seconds later asked me for the
PIN I set on my ATT account. I provided and my number was working before I
hit the door on the way out. Total port time was <5 Min.

 I questioned the Rep if this was always the case and he said only if
porting from Sprint/ATT/T-Mobile. And that basically any other carrier (Not
including MVNO's of the above) took 3-5 Business days. Which is about
in-line with my current wireline porting.

 I figure they all exchange so many numbers a day it was in all of their
best interest to work together.

 Not to mention, By automating the process. They don't have to keep an
entire call center worth of LNP personnel to handle their volume.

Nick Olsen
Network Operations  (855) FLSPEED  x106