[VoiceOps] Park Button on Polycom Phones

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 12:42:42 EST 2016

Rob,

The platform in question is Broadsoft.

So we can easily program an EFK that prompts the user to enter an
extension, and then press enter. Then in the background  the phone dials
*68EXTN# where EXTN is the extension number that the user inputted. That
works fine. Broadsodt will then come on saying you call has been
successfully parked against EXTN.

But what our users want is to be able to hit a similar park button, and
then, instead of manually entering the extension number, they want to hit
the BLF line they are monitoring (on their expansion module/sidecard) to
park the call against that BLF user.

They do not want park orbits, dedicated park extensions, or Park 1, Park2,
Park 3 kind of buttons, nor do we want to implement those.

There should be an easy universal call park where using the same button
they can either manually enter the extension or hit a speed
dial/blf/contact to park the call against.