[VoiceOps] VoIP Innovations reliability

Peter E peeip989 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 13:57:37 EDT 2016

> larger clients

Touché my friend.

On Mar 18, 2016, at 12:44, Ivan Kovacevic <ivan.kovacevic at startelecom.ca> wrote:

Peter,

We do connect privately to most providers and larger clients. This is usually a Fibre cross connect or an MPLS extension, private IP address range. And yes we do work with some of those Tier1’s below using their “internet peer” model (although at least some of them can also get you on their IPVPN service, which should be private and separate from their Dedicated Internet Access technology, but our volume with these providers hasn’t really warranted us digging too deep).

Where we use the Internet we are able to CIC away this traffic on short notice. We connect via public internet for testing, smaller clients (or providers) or for clients who do not want to put in a private connection… but we make sure the client understands we may not be able to help them if something goes sideways, although we still always try – at least to identify the hop that’s causing packet loss (or whatever)… and we have multiple (more than two) sites with different multi-homed (BGP) internet connections so that we can (hopefully) avoid being taken out by DDOS and work around the inherent Internet *funkiness*.

I am not saying it is bullet proof (jinx), but these are things that we’ve found work for us.

Best Regards,

Ivan Kovacevic
Vice President, Client Services
Star Telecom | www.startelecom.ca | SIP Based Services for Contact Centers | LinkedIn