[VoiceOps] Cloud PBX Provider in Mexico

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Nov 23 22:32:15 EST 2016

I would agree with other folk who have replied in this thread that as
long as general Internet connectivity is good on both sides, the result
will probably be good.

Until the mid-late 2000s, there was a conventional wisdom that one does
not run voice over the public Internet—at least, not if one wants it to
sound good. The public Internet was death to voice quality. Instead, the
only way to assure good service was direct IP circuits, MPLS, etc.

This just isn't true today. The backbone of the public Internet has
evolved to accommodate real-time communications quite well. It's
perfectly accepted practice to run voice over the greater Internet
nowadays, at least in developed countries. Anyone who tells you
otherwise is trying to sell you circuits.

The notion of public Internet as a voice killer was something of an
exaggeration back in the 2000s, too. I've been running voice over the
public Internet in all kinds of ways since 2005 or so with hardly a
complaint. What issues I have encountered were last mile-related, 100%
of the time, every time.

-- Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 (direct) / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)