[VoiceOps] under what circumstances can a port out request be rejected?

Mike Ray, MBA, CNE, CTE mike at astrocompanies.com
Wed Apr 5 18:53:58 EDT 2017

Sounds like you need a new attorney.  Carriers may not reject port-out requests for any reason other than an identity mismatch (customer does not own the number) or that the number is not in working service.  Carriers are also prohibited from disconnecting a number after receipt of a port-out request.

Carriers are specifically forbidden from rejecting port-out orders for money owed or contract reasons, and are also prohibited from contacting the customer between the time a port-out request is received and the time the port actually occurs.

A good telecom attorney would be able to tell you that; we’ve found you cannot rely upon a general attorney to know telecom law.

In the instant example, you have a contract law issue that has to be adjudicated separately from the porting process.

Regards,

Mike

Mike Ray, MBA, CNE, CTE

Astro Companies, LLC