[VoiceOps] LRN API Source

Nick Olsen nick at flhsi.com
Thu Apr 13 16:40:55 EDT 2017

Greetings all,

 We've got an internal tool that lets my NOC staff query extended LRN on
numbers. They use this for checking the numbers current carrier, Verifying
a number after it ports (In or out)..etc. This same tool also pulls CNAM
from a few sources so they can easily test "Wrong caller ID" tickets.

 Does anyone have any good leads on someone that has a good non-cached LRN
API?

 We've tried two thus far with poor results.

 1. "CallWithUs", Real time results, But cached for 24 hours after the
first request. So if we wanted to check a number more then once a day, We
get the same results.

 2. ThinQ. Results returned are either cached, Or perhaps outdated.
Querying a number after it ports returns the old LRN. Results do not update
until 24 hours after port. Since we have a decent bit of traffic on ThinQ,
And a decent relationship with them I opened a ticket to see if it could be
a adjusted. First was told that LRN takes 24 hours to update. And that was
normal. I pushed back on the obvious canned and incorrect response and they
"made some changes" which did nothing. Finally they admitted they could not
return real-time results.

 Many of my upstream carriers are using Syniverse as their LRN source. So I
reached out to them. Found my volume (~20 queries a day) is too low for
them. And they don't offer any type of HTTP API, Understandably on both
counts.

 Example output of our internal tool. (Queried 13212051100)

  Latest CNAM / LRN Lookup Refresh
 	 		 			(OPCN) CNAM	 FLHSI
  			(Thinq) CNAM	 FLHSI
  			LRN	 4078675999