[VoiceOps] Audiocodes Mediant 2000 - BootP

jay binks jaybinks at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 06:53:13 EST 2017

Hey guys,

I have one particular Audiocodes Mediant 2000 SIP / ISDN gateway.

It seems that it doesn't have firmware on it, as it simply sits there
sending BootP requests.
( found by watching packet captures from its ethernet )

Does anyone have any insight into the DHCP options AudioCodes require, to
make these guys grab a new firmware via TFTP ?

I've got BootP responses going back to it, but for the life of me, I can
not make it request anything over TFTP.

I have looked at trying the Audiocodes TFTP/Boop application, but the
version I have won't run on any recent windows.

if anyone has the BootP application ( and how to make it run ), that would
be great.
if you have any info on how to make the device grab a new firmware via
standard DHCP / TFTP config that would also be brilliant.

On another note, the manual says this has a serial port.
does anyone know where to find this ?? :)

--
Sincerely

Jay Binks