[VoiceOps] What does you use for Hosted PBX and why?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Mar 16 14:31:23 EDT 2017

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 11:21:31AM -0700, Carlos Alvarez wrote:

> We use plain Asterisk with 100% self-created code.  Why?  Flexibility and
> speed to create things that make our customers stay with us forever.
> Seriously we have about zero customer attrition, partly because of customer
> service and partly because we can build anything they need, and it seems
> like nobody else can.
> We're completely in control of our own destiny and results.

That's a very good point.

In the oversaturated market conditions of hosted PBX, you really can't
afford to sell the same POTS replacement crapola that everyone else is.
Delivering true feature differentiation, meeting real-world customer
needs and delivering bottom line-relevant functional outcomes is the way
to capture value and avoid the race to the bottom.

But that requires actually knowing how to do things. That's not the
audience the big box brands are designed for.

-- Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)