[VoiceOps] Cisco acquires Broadsoft for approx the GDP of Belize

Ryan Delgrosso ryandelgrosso at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 16:25:05 EDT 2017

So as a reasonably sized metaswitch shop (100k seats) i can say their
platform is pretty bulletproof if deployed and managed properly and
their support is an absolute pleasure to work with. Just keep in mind,
metaswitch REALLY wants to sell a complete turnkey product, and the
farther you deviate from their ecosystem the less polished it becomes
out of the box.

Where it falls short is in the agility side. Its roots are in the
massive number of small and medium clecs it powers so thats where so
much of their development time seems to go. They are definitely behind
the curve on enabling some of the richer business services or exposing
api's that permit easy and rapid development of new services. The good
news is the platform is fairly easy to integrate with open source stacks
for adding richer call flows but now you are off on your own, or paying
consultants.

I have no personal experience with 2600hz BUT i have done a pretty
reasonable amount of work building service providers built on raw
opensource tech (freeswitch/opensips etc) and given whats at the core of
2600hz it looks promising, but could only be as successful as you
engineer your deployment.