[VoiceOps] Recommendations on Wholesale Fax Services

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 16:43:27 EST 2018

Like many I wish fax would just die, but it remains to be alive and
kicking. Today our wholesale provider has a fax to email option, and a
HTTPS fax adapter option. These are completely separate products today, and
you can't use the same fax number on both of them. However, our customers
really want both options combined into one, using the customer's same fax
number. They would like:

Inbound faxes go to email using fax to email. If desired, they can also
make a copy go the their HTTPs fax adapter so the fax machine prints it
out. The same fax number will be used by multiple employees, so hopefully
there is no a limit on how many email addresses can be used for sending and
receiving faxes.

Outbound faxes are sent using the fax HTTPs adapter connected to their fax
machine. The outbound number that the fax sever uses should be the actual
clients fax number. Currently the wholesale fax solution we use displays
some random number when sending outbound faxes from a completely different
area code.

Additionally, the client would like a web interface where they can send
outbound faxes, and download inbound faxes.The web interface should show if
the HTTPS fax adapter is registered to the service.

Anyone have recommendations? I don't like the idea of using a regular T.38
or G.711 adapter as I don't think those work well.

It seems the going retail rate for a fax service is $19.95 per month, so
hopefully this wholesale solution would be in the $5 to $10 range per
month. I assume there would be a one time fee for the actual adapter.

Please let me know if you know anything that meets this criteria.