[VoiceOps] Call Overflow Handling

Ivan Kovacevic ivan.kovacevic at startelecom.ca
Fri Jan 10 12:34:24 EST 2020

We do it frequently for our contact centre clients.

Most frequent use case is when client's internal call processing becomes
unavailable (capacity or outage) but we do charge for SIP capacity to
accept, answer those calls and play a custom announcement. If they want an
announcement without paying for lines, that's called the busy signal.

They should get more trunks than call processing licenses and that would
meet their requirements (but they have to pay for trunk capacity, as do
you).

<http://www.startelecom.ca>

*Ivan Kovacevic*

*Co-Founder and VP Client Services*

*STAR TELECOM*

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 12:29 PM Deborah McDuffie <dmcduffie at socket.net>
wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> We've got a request from one of our SIP trunk customers, asking us to
> provide an automated recorded message should their inbound call volume
> unexpectedly exceed their trunk capacity (rather than a busy signal).  They
> don't want to have the calls rerouted, or answered, per se, or have people
> leave a message - just an announcement that they have a situation that has
> resulted in an excessive call volume, and asking people to call back.
>
> This is the first time we've gotten such a request, and it doesn't look
> like a common SP service offering.  Normally, customers just provide an
> alternate overflow destination for us to send the calls to.  Are there any
> other service providers who have offered this kind of failover/overflow
> service for exceeding trunk capacity, and, if so, how did you price the
> service?  Please feel free to contact me directly, if you have any
> suggestions.
>
> --
> Deborah McDuffie
> Sales Engineer
> Socket Telecom
> (573) 817-0000, ext 157dmcduffie at socket.net

NOTE: This email message and
any attachments are for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and/or privileged
information. Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the
sender by replying to this email, and destroy all copies of
the original
message.