[VoiceOps] Investigating random call completion issues nationwide

Izzy Goldstein - TeleGo igoldstein at telego.net
Fri Mar 20 00:12:22 EDT 2020

i experienced the same issues

Peerless says:

We’re sorry for the calling issues you’re experiencing today. As you may
know, these are extraordinary times and we are currently seeing network
congestion industry wide – the events of the past week have had a direct
impact on all telecommunication carriers. Due to the sheer volume of
individuals and businesses that are now working remotely, blocking or
congestion outside our network is impacting call completion. peerless is
relentlessly pursuing all options with all of our partners, and working to
ensure that they’re aware of the call completion issues. While peerless can
and will address some of these issues directly, our troubleshooting
indicates that many congestion-related issues are occurring within networks
of our carrier customers or other intermediaries which we cannot control.
Nonetheless, we are working tirelessly to resolve capacity issues wherever
they exist. Thanks for your understanding.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 7:29 PM Darren Schreiber <darren at 2600hz.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
>                 We’ve been getting occasional, very infrequent, reports of
> people hitting busy signals or intercept messages when calling numbers
> routed to us. At first we thought the issue was between us and Peerless but
> we now have reports with bandwidth and Inteliquent. So, then of course
> naturally we thought the issue was in our systems. But again, we’ve come up
> empty. We also thought it may be trunk or port limitations upstream. Have
> checked those. No dice.
>

>                 The issue seems to always be the same. Customer from cell
> phone or landline dials a number, reaches a busy signal or intercept
> message. All reports are from Verizon or AT&T callers. We check our logs,
> don’t see any attempt to even reach our system (we log freakin everything).
> So we reach out to the upstream provider, and they too claim it never
> reached their tandem/network.
>

>                 I know everyone on earth is currently WFH so perhaps that
> warrants just shutting up & dealing with it but I’ve been surprised not to
> see any chatter on this list or elsewhere in this regard. Is anyone else
> having indications of capacity issues (and are y’all just not talking about
> it) or is it just us and we should keep looking?
>

> - Darren

Izzy Goldstein

Chief Technology Officer

Main: (212) 477-1000 x 2085 <(212)%20477-1000>

Direct: (929) 477-2085

Website: www.telego.com <http://www.telego.net/>

<http://www.telego.com/>

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail may contain confidential and/or
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have
received this e-mail in error please notify us immediately by email reply
and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or
distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. Any
views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of TeleGo (T). Employees of TeleGo
are expressly required not to make defamatory statements and not to
infringe or authorize any infringement of copyright or any other legal
right by email communications. Any such communication is contrary to TeleGo
policy and outside the scope of the employment of the individual concerned.
TeleGo will not accept any liability in respect of such communication, and
the employee responsible will be personally liable for any damages or other
liability arising.

TeleGo Hosted PBX <https://youtu.be/DaT8YAZ4V0w>