[VoiceOps] Three Digit Numbers

Ken Mix ken.mix at clearfly.net
Tue Mar 24 12:29:59 EDT 2020

If there's something standardized out there, I’d love to see a link to it. We have a nationwide US footprint and had to build an internal system to handle routing to 211, 311, 511, 711 & 811 based on calling number. It was a real pain tracking down all of the numbers we need to translate to, though.

We’re a pretty small business-only carrier, and volume to non-911 N11 numbers is low, but not insignificant. Current N11 call counts in 2020:

211 - 270
311 - 82
511 - 67
711 - 34