[VoiceOps] 8YY Traffic

Paul Timmins paul at timmins.net
Sat Jul 3 18:21:42 EDT 2021

If you dump it on a local tandem untranslated, you're being billed the dip cost and you're entitled to capture that as well as whatever your tariffed rates for the traffic are. (some carriers will bill the dip directly to the terminating ixc if you send them the traffic, so make sure you check so you're not double dipping)

If you dip it yourself, and send it to a tandem to terminate on the IXC, then you can bill both elements as well.

It's not a lot these days, but it's something.