[VoiceOps] Call Quality

Mike Johnston mjohnston at wiktel.com
Wed Jun 16 20:37:29 EDT 2021

On 2021-06-16 16:42, Jared Geiger wrote:
> Does Ribbon/Sonus charge extra for it even in passthrough modes

On my Ribbon C15s, there is no extra charge/license for G722. However,
we do need to pay licenses for SIP trunks in general, which is by far
the largest barrier towards modernizing our phone network.  We already
have TDM hardware for the needed capacity. We also have IP hardware for
the needed capacity.  But, since those SIP trunk licenses (RTUs) from
Ribbon are fairly expensive, it can be hard to convince manglement why
we need them.  If a call has to cross a T1 in my network, then it
negotiates to only G711. Manglement doesn't seem to have any interest in
HD calling, at least not that they have expressed to me.