[VoiceOps] some of my customers DID show as Possible Spam

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Mon Nov 15 14:39:35 EST 2021

On 11/15/21 09:20, Carlos Alvarez wrote:
> I brought this up on the list previously, you can probably go find that
> last discussion.  We have two customers who see this all the time.
> Primary problem is with T-Mobile, where anyone can mark things.  It's
> social or crowd-sourced "intelligence."  Then a few other companies
> started doing the same, and customers can download a call marking app.

 From the video linked here earlier, it looks like it's much more than
call marking. It's also pattern recognition, average call duration, and
other factors.

> The two customers who have this problem often are call centers.  One
> doing medical billing, the other doing legit market research and
> polling.

If I were a T-Mobile subscriber, I'd definitely want calls from "legit
market research and polling" companies to my cell phone so marked.
Certainly so in the weeks before an election, and probably year round.

Likewise, if I were in debt to medical providers to the point where I
was getting calls from collection agencies, I probably would want those
flagged as well.

Carriers are going to do things that benefit their relationship with
their subscribers, not things that benefit a non-customer outbound call
center. If the carrier's subscribers raise a stink about false
positives, they will probably make an effort to fix it.

Jay Hennigan - jay at west.net
Network Engineering - CCIE #7880
503 897-8550 - WB6RDV