[VoiceOps] some of my customers DID show as Possible Spam

Carlos Alvarez caalvarez at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 12:20:59 EST 2021

I brought this up on the list previously, you can probably go find that
last discussion.  We have two customers who see this all the time.  Primary
problem is with T-Mobile, where anyone can mark things.  It's social or
crowd-sourced "intelligence."  Then a few other companies started doing the
same, and customers can download a call marking app.

The two customers who have this problem often are call centers.  One doing
medical billing, the other doing legit market research and polling.  For
example right now they are calling on behalf of cities to find out what
citizens would like the council to focus on.  But some people retaliate
against the billing or don't care to be part of the city system, marking
the calls.  Additionally, some of these systems just look for short call
times and patterns of lots of calls from the same DID.  We haven't found
any solution other than rolling CLIDs.

What type of customer do you see this with?  What kind/length of calls?