[VoiceOps] VoIP SMS Campaign Fees

Oren Yehezkely orenyny at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 18:07:10 EST 2021

Nate,

See a thread I started a few months ago about this matter.
I got a lot of negative responses for being an alarmist.

Basically these requirements are set by the different mobile carriers and
they are not the same.

Yes, they all consider customers to be businesses (A2P). No customer is a
consumer (P2P) in the eyes of these
carriers, TCR and even the person who answered you before.

I don't think that the penalty is $10,000 but VI may be trying to deter you
from using SMS
without registering. You may want to consider using a different carrier for
SMS.
Other carriers will also offer to help you register with TCR.

Good luck with dealing with that headache, feel free to contact me off list
to see if we can share some information
on dealing with this.

Regards,
Oren