[VoiceOps] Calls Not Reaching Us

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Wed Oct 27 16:30:19 EDT 2021

On 10/27/21 12:21, Ivan Kovacevic wrote:
> Apart from the "I ought to fix this, it just ain't right" instinct...
> The practical solution is for the caller to open a ticket with their
> provider.

Yes, but the caller will experience some pain doing so and needs to be
persistent.

> You'll go crazy trying to get to the big-carrier engineering team and to
> someone who knows how to investigate and solve the problem... unless
> they are lurking on this list....

Truer words were never spoken. It's impossible to reach anyone at [Big
Telephone Company] with clue over the telephone. The best you can hope
for is a customer-facing rep, hopefully a native English speaker, who
then will relay a message to someone who knows someone in the right
department and if you're really lucky relay a response back to you.

Just try to, on any publicly listed number other than for new sales,
reach someone at AT&T who is located within the territory described by
the first letter of their acronym. First, be prepared to play the DTMF
minuet to their IVR (which has "recently changed" according to Jane
Barbe).

Jay Hennigan - jay at west.net
Network Engineering - CCIE #7880
503 897-8550 - WB6RDV