[VoiceOps] Splitting voice and SMS

Ross Tajvar ross at tajvar.io
Wed Aug 17 19:05:25 EDT 2022

SMS routing is generally handled by NetNumber's routing database (the name
escapes me at the moment). NNIDs are the routing identifiers that they use
- perhaps they meant NNID vs SSID?

Twilio has a "hosted messaging" service, I think, which is where they
SMS-enable your number on their platform by changing the NNID to theirs
while leaving the voice-routing intact. But that process lead to a lot of
fraud across lots of carriers, so it's more restricted now.